If you are pregnant, a resident of Virginia or surrounding communities, and need funding for your abortion procedure, please call us toll-free at 1 (888) 847-1593.
Scroll down to learn more about what to expect when you call us.
- How do I get funding for my abortion?
- Who does RRFP fund?
- Why does the phone go straight to voicemail?
- How much money can RRFP pledge to help fund my procedure?
- How do pledges work?
- Where does RRFP get its money?
- How do I take care of myself after my abortion?
How do I get funding for my abortion?
Call our free and confidential funding line at 1 (888) 847-1593 and leave a voicemail with your name, date of birth, number of weeks along, any appointment information you have (clinic name, appt date and time) and phone number. An RRFP Intake Coordinator will call you back within 48 hours for more information.
For us to fund you, we need to know...
- Your name, phone number, and date of birth: we need this information to get back in touch with you and to make sure we our sending our funding pledges to the right person.
- If you're pregnant: sometimes misunderstandings happen! Taking a pregnancy test is a lot cheaper than paying for an ultrasound.
- How many weeks far you are along in your pregnancy: we can estimate it based on the last time you remember menstruating (having a period) or from the results of an ultrasound.
- The name of the clinic you scheduled your abortion appointment: so we know where to send the pledge.
- The date and time of your abortion appointment: so we know when to send the pledge.
Who does RRFP fund?
RRFP can fund anyone who needs financial or practical resources to access to their abortion procedure, who is a Virginia resident or a resident of a neighboring community that is having their abortion procedure in Virginia, and who is 8+ weeks along in their pregnancy.
- Transgender people
- Gender nonconforming people
- People who identify as women
- Anyone assigned female at birth
- People who are incarcerated (use extension 106 when you call 1(888) 847-1593)
- People who speak Spanish
- Anyone who doesn't identify with the above, but is pregnant and wants to get an abortion. Period.
Why does the phone go straight to voicemail?
RRFP is an all-volunteer organization, so we can't be on call to answer our phone line while working the jobs that pay us. An RRFP Intake Coordinator will call you back in 48 hours.
We know that waiting can be stressful, and we will do our best to get back in touch with you soonest. Thank you for being patient.
How much money can RRFP pledge to help fund my procedure?
A typical RRFP pledge can range from $50-150 depending on our budget for the month. RRFP also has (limited) resources to help you with lodging, transportation, meals, and sometimes childcare for your abortion procedure.
RRFP has a budget of $1500 every two weeks. As people call us, we pledge away that money. Unfortunately, every month we run out of money, because the need is so great for many folks in Virginia.
How do pledges work?
A pledge is a promise that RRFP will cover a portion of your abortion procedure.
We fax a pledge with a dollar amount to your abortion clinic. Instead of the clinic asking you to pay the amount on your pledge, the clinic will bill us directly, and we will take care of it. You will never have to pay us back for our pledge.
Where does RRFP get its money?
RRFP is an all-volunteer, grassroots organization. We are a registered 501(c)3 and rely on individual donations to fund abortion procedures.
How do I take care of myself after my abortion?
There is no one answer that works for everyone. Every body and every person is different and is affected differently after an abortion.
Please follow all directions your healthcare provider has given you to take care of your body. Call them immediately if you have any questions or concerns. Although complications are rare, please call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing an emergency.
We refer people to Exhale if you want to talk to someone about your experience.
Faith Aloud offers spiritual and religious guidance pre- and post- abortion.